...a place to share my fiber projects, even the ones I actually finish.

Wednesday, September 5, 2007

This Is the Drill!

ABCDE




New yarn arrives. Drop everything else and knit. Whoops. I guess this is crochet.




From Interweave Knits, Spring 2005, designed by Donna Druchunas.

I'm knitting/crocheting a rug for in front of the love seat. I wanted to use colors that would pair off with the rag rug wall hanging across the room. Lion Brand Cotton-Ease yarns in the new colors were just perfect (I guess a little pricey but who cares!). With my social security budget I buy a bit of everything each and every payday. So two balls of the color Stone arrived Tuesday.

Finished Part 1. Crocheted double strands of Cotton-Ease with a K hook. Knitting with 10.5 needles. Waiting to order B, C, D.

When I started working with this delicious yarn I knew I wanted more, more, more. It looks wonderful with my new Lee shorts also in Stone. I knew I just had to have the perfect shell. Something understated and classic. This is it. I thought I would add only a little purl triangle to accent the front neck. Or maybe a little open work. Shall I do it in every yummy color?

The Edward Designed by Cher Underwood Forsberg at MAGKnits

Too many projects at one time, you think?

No comments: